DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WiFi periodically disconnects on 2866ax

More
25 Sep 2024 13:18 #103928 by grahame
Replied by grahame on topic Re: WiFi periodically disconnects on 2866ax
I've been experiencing the same issue over the last couple of months. I've renamed the 2G SSID but I'm getting Ubuntu, Android and iOS devices all being disconnected from 5G and unable to reconnect - even though they temporarily appear in the 5G station list while they try. If I reboot or stop/start 5G they will connect fine. It can stay up for a couple of weeks, or 10 minutes before dropping connections again. 2G is fine at the same time.

From when I bought it in Feb 2023 until the last couple of months it worked perfectly, so maybe a recent firmware upgrade has caused the issue? I'm on 4.4.5.2_BT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2024 15:47 #103990 by Soufie
Replied by Soufie on topic Re: WiFi periodically disconnects on 2866ax
I'm experiencing something similar but different. Posting it here to see if anyone can offer me any advice or troubleshooting tips.
Got my 2866ax a week ago. Upgraded not to 4.4.5.2_BT and set it up. Don't think I changed much from default choices. All seemed fine.
Within a couple of hours the wireless died. The only thing to fix it was a reboot.
Since then I've found this thread...so I've tried:
  • Separating 2.4GHz and 5GHz
  • Disabling 2.4GHz
  • Disabling 5GHz
All have the same result - within a few hours everything wireless stops.
The lights on the router indicate that everything is fine.
On the client side the behaviour varies:
  • No new devices can connect
  • Existing devices may or may not appear to be connected (but none of them are, everything just times out - ping, http, etc.)
My concern now is whether I just have a bad box and a new one will fix it...or if I'm experiencing a firmware bug.
Any hints or tips much appreciated.

More
10 Oct 2024 09:23 #103994 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Re: WiFi periodically disconnects on 2866ax
I put something similar to this reply on another post I think - but -

Do you have a Sky Q setup in the same property? - if so have a good look at how that's setup as Sky's networking leaves a lot to be desired.

Moderators: ChrisSami