DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts

More
30 May 2024 17:00 #103394 by jfannon
Replied by jfannon on topic Re: 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
Yep - I have been having similar issues with 2866ax ( see post ). I have tried various things to resolve it. Wifi disconnects regularly (e.g. once a week) and generally resolved by rebooting the router. The router also regularly and randomly reboots itself.

Our previous 2820 was pretty solid, we also have AP906 & 960C APs, but unfortunately our experience so far of the 2866ax is that it's really unreliable and not fit for purpose (we have <20 devices connected) to the point where we are considering another router brand (perhaps Ubiquiti), even with all the pain that re-configuring it all will entail. Draytek technical support are near useless too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2024 17:52 #103953 by moonjam
Replied by moonjam on topic 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
This exact same issue with my 2927AX has been driving me insane for the past 3 months. Wifi vanishes or simply stops working multiple times a day. After trying every conceivable configuration, I went back to our old 2826AC and it has been rock solid for a week. Obviously, the speed is missing which is 99% of the reason I upgraded.

I'm guessing that no-one has gotten to the bottom of this yet but I wanted to add my frustrations to the thread.

More
02 Oct 2024 10:28 #103955 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
Given that the wifi on my 2927ax appears to be very stable It's hard to know what to get to the bottom of! I have 4 x 2.4GHz SSID's and 3 x 5GHz SSID's. I only use WPA2 security on all of them as I found some time ago that various devices wouldn't connect reliably, if at all, if I used WPA3 or mix WPA2/3. No idea if that's a Draytek problem or a device problem.

Moderators: ChrisSami