DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

4 x AP700 + 2820VSn ( 3 x SSID's - 1 Hidden, 1 WPA Radius )

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2010 10:52 #60549 by ghostworks
Hi all

I've come to a sticky end with installing 4 x AP700

I've always used draytek products and now that I've got a GuestHouse to run and live in I wanted Wireless through out the building so purchased the following

Draytek 2820VSn ( with 7Dbi Antennas )
Draytek VigorAP700 x 4 ( with 7dbi Antennas )
Draytek 120 ADSL2+ Modem

The best place to mount the AP700 in the building was in the side of the lift shaft on each Floor ( lift shaft sides and front is just Plasterboard and 2x4 frame ) , I used different channels 1 , 3 , 5 , 9

The AP700 gets its power with the supplied PoE Adaptors and they get power from a HP 2626-PWR Switch in the Attic near the lift shaft , which is connected to a HP 1800-24G ( 2 x Personality Port 2Gb Trunking ) in the ground floor reception where the Draytek 2820 and Draytek 120 is housed in a 12u rack with HP Datavault and QNAP TS-259 Pro

I Created 3 x SSID's as follows :

CompanyName ( Hidden , WMM active and untagged VLAN , WPA2 )
GuestNetwork ( Visible , WMM disabled and VLAN1 Tagged, WPA Radius )
WEPNetwork ( Visible , WMM disabled and untagged VLAN , WEP , MAC lockout for 1 Node which is only capable for WEP WiFi [ Drone Camera system ]

1 of the AP700 is a Radius Server with some accounts i setup to test the guestnetwork but doesn't work , and if i try activate Radius client on the 2820VSn it goes bonkers and have to power off and on several times and try login to it and deactivate radius login and reboot and then goes fine

any suggestions etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami