DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3900 reboots automatically

• badgerfruit
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2021 09:14 #99500 by badgerfruit
Vigor 3900 reboots automatically was created by badgerfruit
As per subject, the box used to suffer issues with memory leaking and it'd crash quite frequently. To get around this, I set up a Time Object ("Daily") for Monday - Friday 4:45am and then enabled the scheduled reboot option, selecting the Daily object. We've since upgraded the firmware and I want to cancel this scheduled reboot.

I have deleted the time object and cleared the tick from the "Enable scheduled reboot" box (System Maintenance > Reboot System > Schedule Reboot). When I click the "Schedule Time Object" drop-down, it tells me (correctly) "No items to show". If I then try to "Apply" these settings, it saves OK but still reboots - at the time specified in the time object!

I have downloaded the configuration backup, extracted it and I can see the config files for the schedule_reboot and when I open it with notepad/sublime, it shows:

Code:
config 'schedule_reboot' 'profile' option 'uciid' '1' option 'timeobj' 'daily' option 'status' 'disable'

My questions are:
1. How do I get it to actually NOT reboot
2. If I edit the config file, add it back to the tar.gz and re-upload to the Dreytek, am I likely to break it??

Thank you for reading and I hope the community can help!
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• badgerfruit
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2022 10:26 #100861 by badgerfruit
Replied by badgerfruit on topic Re: Vigor 3900 reboots automatically
SOLVED

So I managed to figure this out myself: log into the web GUI > System Maintenance > Configuration Backup.

From there, go into the Analysis tab and it breaks down each different configuration file and provides a "Factory reset" option for it.

I browsed down and located the scheduled reboot option and reset it. No more nightly reboots!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami