Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830vn+ not seeing other devices

• alexph
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jul 2013 20:03 #76938 by alexph
2830vn+ not seeing other devices was created by alexph
Hi
I had an Apple Airport Extreme router linked through a Vigor 120 ADSL modem which worked perfectly for over 18 months. The network extended though my house using Airport Express units, some of which wirelessly connected with the Extreme and some which were cabled to the Extreme. Unfortunately either the Extreme or the Vigor 120 both developed faults and needed replacement.

I decided to purchase a Draytex 2830Vn+ (Ione unit instead of two). I have set up the ADSL connection and the computers can individually connect to the Internet when in range of the new router. However, whereas before users were able to see and access the other computers on the network, now no-one can see the other computers. Can kind person tell me what I am doing wrong, (one of thebeauties of Apple is that you simply plug it is any it sorts itself out)

Also, does anyone know if there is any way for me to use the Airport Express units to link wirelessly back to the 2830, so that i can extend the range of the network to cover my whole house, or am I going to have to fork out to but the AP800's.

Very many thanks for any advice

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami