DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2955 HTTPS Problem

More
07 Mar 2011 18:49 #66681 by joshd
2955 HTTPS Problem was created by joshd
One of our customers router died recently, it was an agile netwalker loadbalancer, balancing two ADSL lines via vigor 120 modems.

We leant them our trusty 2820 loan router which has been working brilliantly for them, so much so that they decided that they would like us to supply them with a draytek loadlanacer as a replacement. We decided to step it up a notch and supply them with a 2955. It has a few benefits over the 2820, including it being rack-mountable and does SSL VPNs.

I set the 2955 up exactly like 2820, i literally copied the config across line by line with the intention of just dropping the new router in place so that there would be minimal downtime.

I dropped the 2955 in place and it seemed to be working perfectly, until I cam to testing the inbound services.
For some reason it will no properly pass HTTPS traffic on port 443 via either of the WAN links. Ive had issues previoisly with the 2820 and conflicting management ports so i made sure remote management was off and also changed the management ports for both http and https to non-standard ports. remote access to the servers on port 80 works ok but it still wont pass 443. with remote management off the browser just immediately returns a 404 page. Ive not had chance to test this thoroughly by turning the friendly errors off in IE.

The 2955 came with the latest firmware, v3.3.0, so my next thing to going to be to try the previous firmware version.

If anyone else can shed any light on this Id be very grateful!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2011 10:46 #66690 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2955 HTTPS Problem
I have a few of these running witout the difficulty you mention.

I would check your config pages one by one.

My hunch would be to start with the SSL VPN General Setup - as it runs on port 443 by default.

Regards, Neal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami