• ajebbatson
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2010 14:27 #64800 by ajebbatson
Model Name : Vigor2820
Firmware Version : 3.3.4.1_232201
Build Date/Time : Sep 8 2010 15:39:30
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

The router and connection has been stable since it was installed 3 months or so ago.

However, since I started playing Call Of Duty Black Ops Multiplayer on the PC, the router has started locking up with half an hour. Internet access stops and any attempt to reach the routers admin interface fails from any machines.

I played Call Of Duty Modern Warfare for a few hours today with no issue, loaded up Black Ops and the router had hung again within a 20 minutes.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2010 20:48 #64900 by lorian
Usually these sort of issues happen when the nat translation table fills up. I have no knowledge of you model router but if it has a parameter to make thet table then increase it. If not you are going to need a/some firewall rules that don't keep state for the ports the game is using.

More
19 Nov 2010 13:07 #64930 by gmegson

ajebbatson wrote: Model Name : Vigor2820
Firmware Version : 3.3.4.1_232201
Build Date/Time : Sep 8 2010 15:39:30
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

The router and connection has been stable since it was installed 3 months or so ago.

However, since I started playing Call Of Duty Black Ops Multiplayer on the PC, the router has started locking up with half an hour. Internet access stops and any attempt to reach the routers admin interface fails from any machines.

I played Call Of Duty Modern Warfare for a few hours today with no issue, loaded up Black Ops and the router had hung again within a 20 minutes.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Try the new 3.3.5 firmware on the www.draytek.com.tw site (should be on uk site by early next week as well). This might resolve the issue as the 3.3.4.1 version and 3.3.4 were both full of strange issues. I've used the .rst version of 3.3.5 on mine last night and all my issues with 3.3.4 are now resolved. I updated from 3.3.3 as I had to downgrade from 3.3.4 due to numerous problems.......

Moderators: ChrisSami