DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2710 n

• swinnerton
  • Topic Author
More
09 Nov 2010 19:53 #64792 by swinnerton
Draytek 2710 n was created by swinnerton
Hi, after much deliberation I have bought a 2710n .
I am having problems configuring it to work with my Tiscali ISP.
In PPPoE/PPPoA I have entered my username (xxxxx@tiscali.co.uk) and password (wwwww) but the router will not connect to the internet.
Trying to get any help or advice from Tiscali/TalkTalk is nigh on impossible .I have seen a suggestion that one should use ones phone number instead of the username and have tried this in various permutations with no success.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Gerry :cry: :cry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2010 15:57 #64846 by eddyad
Replied by eddyad on topic Draytek 2710 n
The router should connect to the internet by itself. Then you open a browser and type 192.168.1.1 and you get a Draytek login screen. Ensure both fields are blank and clck OK
You should get the internet status screen. Here are my settings for Plusnet. I don't know if they differ for other ISPs, When I conned my 2710 it just seemed to find the connection.

On the LH side PPPoE/PPPoA should already be enabled.
Multi-PVC channel: channel 1
VPI 0
VCI 38 [Tiscali may be 35, but the router should have found it automatically)
Encapsulating type: VC MUX
Protocol PPPoA
Modulation: multimode

On the RH (ISP access) side you need to enter the data for your ISP. Make sure you get the ISP name correct (mine is Plusdsl.net)
Then you normal login ID and password. The username may not be what seems obvious - some ISPs have odd structures. Yous is probably xxxxxxx@tiscali.co.uk where xxxxxxx is your ID
Check Always on
Idle timeout s.b. 1 second.

Hope this helps. Don't forget tp set up a password for your connection. I don't recall where that is done, but it is in the book somewhere I think

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami